South Salem is one of five hamlets of Lewisboro and is surrounded by notable neighbors & communities, with North Salem to its North, Pound Ridge to its South, and Katonah & Bedford to its West.
The South Salem historic hamlet and neighborhood is rich with dozens points of interest surrounding The All New 1812 Modern Farmhouse, all within a mere 2 mile radius, making it the ideal place for suburban living outside New York city.
5. Echo Farm Equestrian Center
6. Hart Transit Commuter Bus – To Katonah & Metro North
7. NYS Troopers
8. Spring St. Arts Center
9. Farvue Farm & Water Tower/Lighthouse
10. Gossett Brothers Garden Center
South Salem Winery
11. Ward Pound Ridge Park Reservation
12. Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation Farm
13. JT Farm Boarding and Horse Riding Lessons
14. Lewisboro Town Park/Pool
15. Wolf Conservation Center
16. Lewisboro Town Offices – Court & Police
17. TLPOA Lake Beach
18. South Salem Post Office
19. Lewisboro Library
20. Lewisboro Town Offices & Recycling Center
21. Le Chateau – Country Estate, Party & Wedding Venue
22. ThistleWaithe Learning Center & Montessori Pre-School
23. Leon Levy Preserve & Black Mansion
24. TEA Beach
90 Spring Street, now The All New 1812 Modern Farmhouse, shown here circa 1888, is centered in this picture.
It is quite remarkable that most of the buildings shown here are still standing to this day.
Visit the Lewisboro History Blog for more history fun facts.
Copyright © 2019 The All New 1812 Modern Farmhouse - All Rights Reserved.